Here at GLOBAL-365 we understand the necessity of reducing carbon emissions. Where possible, GLOBAL-365 will:
- Eliminate the use of paper.
- Promote and follow waste minimisation and recycling methods.
- Use video conferencing rather than travelling to meetings.
- Travel by public transport or use EVs by exception.
- Work from home offices when appropriate using renewable energy.
- Follow a procurement policy that recognises eco-friendliness and sustainability.
- Use energy efficient equipment.
- Use green venues and hotels.
- The energy strategy for GLOBAL-365’s Lancaster-based offices operates in line with Lancashire County Council’s green agenda. Our offices have undergone extensive works to improve energy efficiency such as the installation
of insulation, energy efficient boilers and LED lighting.
- Ensure GLOBAL-365 offices implement energy-saving techniques and use renewable energy.
- Use data centres which strive to be carbon neutral. GLOBAL-365’s servers are housed in:
- Equinix Data Centres – Equinix operates a corporate Sustainability Programme which comprises a set of connected Ethical, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives.
- Teledata Data Centre – Teledata recently won the Data Centre Energy Efficiency Project of the Year Award and is known for its innovative approach to sustainability. Teledata has invested £1.5 million to store electricity
from the national grid at times of low demand and discharge it during the most beneficial periods, acting as a reserve during peak tariff times. This has greatly reduced Teledata’s carbon output. The project has
resulted in total annual carbon emission savings of over 700 tonnes CO2 per year to date, and annual financial savings of over £150,000 per year.
- Help domestic consumers to save energy by enabling prepay customers to switch from legacy prepayment meters to smart meters and better monitor their energy consumption allowing them to reduce it accordingly.